Well, we had to cancel our may day celebration because of the tremendous amount of work that lies in front of us to get this ecotourism thing off the ground by June. And of course the farm continues to thrive and grow - seedlings to plant, peas coming up, weeds to pull out, lambs being born, chickens to move to new grass, eggs to collect, beef cows to check on. Still, we had a couple of friends stop by yesterday. The day turned out to be gorgeous by the afternoon.

Some lambs were born in the morning - one needed some help getting to its incredibly patient mama, Angel. The little bugger seemed done for after Kate assisted it around 1 o'clock. But by 2 o'clock the little guy was up and trying to nurse on his own. What an amazing thing to watch. He continues to thrive today, with his big sister and patient mama on the lookout.

Mom and dad, aka Nonno and Nonna came over to play . We thought we were going to get some plants in the ground. Instead we put up a May Pole and buried some feathers in the hay and set up a hayride. All per Lucia's instructions, "the hay pile goes here" "is this how long the ribbons should be" Isaac slept soundly while Nonno whiled away the time playing games on his ipod.

Some good friends brought our barn cats back from the spay day at Delhi. thank you bret and laura! Their daughters Elena and Sabine had fun riding in the mule and taking a woods walk where our new tents are going to go. then Lucia and Elena turned into Laura and Mary from the LIttle House on the Prairie for the rest of the evening! Never seen two little girls so enjoy themselves!!

The newest member of our family, Elizabeth, brought her family over for a tour and walk about as well. We all had a great time eating trout lilies, talking about how amazing our creek is, thinking up names for the tents and smashing caterpillar tents (okay, I guess Lucia and I were the only ones doing that last thing).

Of course while all of this is going on Dan and his father were overseeing the excavation of three of the tents sites. Peter cutting out dead trees and dan piling them up to be wood chipped later. The Excavator did a beautiful job: nice level sites, with minimal damage to the surrounding area. Dan and I are ready to move our house over there.

So far our tents are named: sunset, trout lily, creek side, may apple, pasture walk, hideaway, - well we could change a few. But that is wehre we are for now.

Oh, and in case you think that is too much for a weekend, that was just Saturday!

At night, I drove to Delhi to pick up a prospective apprentice, Terra. She spent the night. And after pancakes in the morning we went straight to work transplanting cabbages and lettuce into the garden. We moved the sheep. Terra got to carry a newborn lamb into the new area with its concerned mama bleating all the way. Terra finished transplanting lettuces while dan and I picked up some large saplings from the tent site and replanted them near the house. After a bite to eat Terra and I headed out to Nonna's house to pick up Lucia and Isaac. After a delivery of some diapers, Terra and I headed to Oneonta so that she could catch the 3 o'clock bus to the city. A short visit that will hopefully turn into a long summer stay.

Dan did some more overseeing with the excavator, finished up some graphics work and coordinated some things for tomorrow - for we receive the tents tomorrow!! Yike-o's.

Hope everyone out there had an equally rewarding weekend!

Gooooooo Team!!!

AuthorDaniel Marsiglio